Spring Fashion with Ruby Francisco

Molly Tourville

Molly Tourville, Maroon Tribune Reporter

Spring is in the air! That means it’s time to break out those spring and summer clothes. The new trends this year seem to be rolled up shorts, flowy shirts, and printed pastel colored shirts with gladiator sandals. Ruby Francisco, 17 and a senior at Monument Mountain High School, is a very fashionable student. She comes in with styles that are her own and styles that you would see in magazines.

I asked Ruby what her ideal spring outfit was and she immediately replied with “Well I’d have to say it would be dressy shorts with a boxy tank top that would be tucked into the shorts, any color, or a white that would bring out the rest of the colors, and then add a chunky belt. To go with the rest of the outfit I would add some gladiator sandals.” Ruby has great taste in clothes. Even with the great taste in clothes she has the make-up, jewelry, and hairstyles to go with her outfits. I asked her about the hair fashions and makeup for the spring and she was honest saying “I don’t really wear a lot of make-up, but if I were going out I would wear a smoky eye (brown), not using a lot of black, and I would highlight my inner eyes with a shimmering silver or white which makes it more for daylight because it brightens your eyes. For the lips I would wear a pinkish lip gloss – nothing too dark.”

In the summer your hair can be a little bit of an annoyance if you don’t know what to do with it, but if you can pull off styles like Ruby mentions, it could make it a little easier to go out and have fun! Ruby tells me “Waves never get old – it’s fast and simple. Also curling your hair and putting it up. You can never go wrong with a braid or a side pony tail. In the summer I try to stay away from bangs because if you are tanning you can get an uneven tan, so to avoid that just clip your bangs back to get a full beautiful glow.” Last but not least, when you go out you never know what jewelry to put with your outfits. But if you just have a “simple long necklace with just a single charm on it” it will get you far with a great looking outfit, also with “little pearl or diamond earrings. [They} look great with outfits even if they are fake because they ARE a girl’s best friend!” Ruby’s outfits are very inspiring and can also be very trendy. She has great taste and we are looking forward to see her amazing outfits with the remaining days of school.

Spring Fashion with Ruby Francisco