30, 29, 28….

The countdown till the last day of school

Rachel Bozza gives the end of the year thumbs up!

John Mack, Maroon Tribune Reporter

Seniors at Monument will be leaving on May 24th, but the rest of us have to sit in class for another 30 days of school.

The freshmen are waiting as their first year of high school comes to an end, and the juniors are ready to conquer their last year here at Monument. 30 days may not seem so far away, but June 22nd seems very far away. As the weather starts to become warmer, the school days are becoming more painful. Sitting in class and wishing we were outside adds to the pain of having 30 days of school left. “I’m so so so excited, I wish tomorrow was the last day for seniors,” Caroline Bissaillon–who is headed to Ithaca in the fall– stated.“I love Monument, but I can’t wait to leave and start summer.”

“I am extremely excited to start up a new stage in my life which high school has helped me prepare for,” Donovan Lally, a senior, stated. “My favorite moment was going to see High School Musical at Monument, and it was my first school musical I went to.” While many seniors have fond memories of their time here at Monument, does not mean that they are not ready to move on, and many juniors share this sentiment.

As a junior at Monument, and preparing for my senior year, these 30 days seem longer than they actually are. Year after year, the end of school seems to creep further into our summer than it should. This year, for example, we don’t end school under until June 22 because of five snow days.  Sitting in class has now become harder to do, while all I can think about is my summer job and spending lots of time with all my friends. I know that I am not the only junior who is ready for this school year to end. “I am ready to get the freak out of here. I can’t wait for summer! 30 days are too long for me,” Rachel Bozza, a junior, stated.

Teachers are also excited for the last day of school to come. “Yahoo, I am excited for the seniors to leave,” Ms. Kennedy, one of three art teachers here at Monument, exclaimed. “It is challenging to teach seniors at this time of year. They are ready to begin the next chapter of their lives, but they don’t really know what lies ahead and that poses challenges and creates anxiety for many of them. Nevertheless, it’s great to be a part of their education and I’m inspired by their enthusiasm,” Ms.Freadman proudly stated.  

Today is May 10th, and June 22, 2017, the last day of school, is just around the corner–as in 30 days around the corner. As the seniors move on in the journey of life, the halls of Monument become less hectic and crowded, and we can continue to soldier on until June 22 finally arrives!

• 30, 29, 28….

Breaking News

On Display in the Library

• 30, 29, 28….

Breaking News

One Page at a Time

• 30, 29, 28….

Breaking News

Principal Marianne Young Retiring

• 30, 29, 28….

Local News

11 Questions with Emma Wilber

• Breaking News

Civics’ Students Mock Accident Rescheduled

• 30, 29, 28….

Local News

Q&A with Molly Stephen

• 30, 29, 28….

Editorials

A Bittersweet Ending

• 30, 29, 28….

Arts & Entertainment

Q & A with Elinor Cherin

• Breaking News

The Eastern Conference Finals

• Local News

The Hunt for the hardware

30, 29, 28….